DoReMi

DoReMi

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I AM AN AMERICAN RAWR



     This is an acrylic painting featuring Darin with a domo, paper cranes, and the American flag. This project was painted using the Van Gogh style which incorporates hatching lines throughout the painting.
     I thought it would be pretty cool to use this style, but now that I've finished the project, I can say that I don't really like it. It turned out pretty good. I think the flag was done well.
     Originally, the photo of Darin had a classroom background and nothing on the table. I wasn't sure what to use for the background and table items. I thought about using the background from the Van Gogh picture that I used as a model, but it seemed too plain and I thought I could make it better. I decided to put symbols that represented Darin in the painting. He makes paper cranes a lot, and likes domo, so I painted those. Darin is also always saying that he is an American, hence the flag and of course the title :).

No comments:

Post a Comment